View Single Post
Old 05-25-09, 07:05 PM
Hezz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
I was watching a replay of Stage 12 and, I could not believe the spectators. They were so bad that, when one spectator ran up to Danilo Di Luca who had the Pink Jersey and tapped him twice on the arm, he almost decked the spectator.

I wish he had because, professional cyclists don't need to deal with that garbage.

Several times the tour vehicle behind him had to honk, to get the spectators off the course. The race organizers need to work better at keeping the spectators off the course.

Right around the time that a spectator tapped Danilo Di Luca on the arm, there was another spectator that was trying to run with him. This spectator had a helmet on, with antlers the size of a full grown moose. I thought the spectator was going to poke him with the antlers.
There are always a few clowns who can potentially cause riders a problem. But it seems to me that the spectators in Italy are generally a bit more polite and restrained than the TDF spectators. That being said, this opinion is just based on watching the TV coverage.