View Single Post
Old 05-29-09, 12:12 AM
ijgoodwin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Austin Driveway crit, M35+, 4th. I spent a good part of the race off the front with our state P/1/2 TT champ and another Cat 2. I gapped and popped the other Cat 2 off the back and bridged back up to the TT guy. That effort killed me, and two laps later I was back with the pack, with the solo leader 35" ahead.

I didn't bring all my matches to the finish with me and could only muster 3rd in the bunch sprint, in spite of some great work in the last two laps by EDR and some other teammates. It was a total blast though, and I keep kicking myself for gapping that guy off. I guess I would have gotten 3rd if I stayed in the break, but instead I got 4th with a lot more rest in the pack. Grumble.

NP in the crit was 337W. In the break it was 370W (not sustainable for me -- I wouldn't have made it without really wheelsucking).

At least there should be some real honest suffering pics of me from this one.

You guys were definitely moving in that break. I was half expecting a WR-style 1 minute attack to finish the race off after you went back to the pack. I'm recovering from a separated shoulder received in last week's 4/5 race (should have stuck with the 3/4), so didn't get to partake in the action tonight, but got to witness some pretty good racing.