Village Idiot
Argh!someness

Bikes: GF Cobia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spasticteapot
If I might make a suggestion, the Continental Gatorskins are terrific tires. While my wheels are slowly decomposing under me (I'm a little over 190 pounds - but I often carry a lot of stuff and where I live, there's no way to dodge the potholes!) the tires have held up just fine.

So long as you pump them up before each ride to 120PSI you're extremely unlikely to encounter a pinch flat - loaded up, I'm not much lighter than you and frequently ride over terrain no road bike is meant to encounter.

Only downsides are cost - $40 each is a bit spendy - and the rock-hard ride that will result from a high-pressure tire (make sure to get a carbon fork - it makes a big difference.) However, it's a lot cheaper than buying new wheels.
I've owned sport bikes for probably the past 10 years. Paying $400 for a set of tires is spendy...and really sucks...

Anyways, My spending limit might have went up a bit. I'm looking at the felt bike now, the F85. I like white, it's a great color to have to clean all the time