Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
Arrive NY June 23,
Training June 24
Depart NY June 25.

Will post when we get some details and addresses with the routes.
So I was a bit confused about the whole deal. I had received the forms, but no phone call, so I didn't know if I had to make another cut or not. I emailed Nick and just spoke with him on the phone about it, and it appears they forgot to call me! I'm in, so all is well, but we talked a while about the trip and such.

The plan is to start at 8 or 9 the morning of, in "Time Square, Central Park or Columbus Circle (a big name place), cross the George Washington bridge and head to Philly - 50 miles per day for 2 easy days." Then we would split into two groups of 21, split evenly based on exactly experience, gender, cyclist-type, etc - "women, young guys, older guys, bike messengers, experienced tourers split evenly between the two groups". He was still working on finalizing the route, but named off "Chicago, Austin and Dallas" when we were talking about routes a bit. He also mentioned no need for panniers, as it is fully supported (sorry BengeBoy! ). "In the coming days" we'll have routes and such, I hear.

So what's the BF head count?