Old 06-05-09, 08:19 AM
wfrogge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
how old are you?

what do you expect the next few years to bring your way lifewise (married, kids, job, house, relocating, etc.)?

the difference between Cat 3 and Cat 2 is BIG, much bigger than Cat 4 and Cat 3. Races are harder, longer, and strategic.

I'm similar to you in that I've flirted with upgrading to Cat 2 for 2 seasons now and am currently sitting on enough or nearly enough points to put in the upgrade request (dependent upon # of starters at a couple of races), and although I wouldnt claim to find cat 3 races to be beneath me since I've not won any, I dont find the style of racing all that enjoyable. However, I'm a 38 year old who isnt that talented, has family, job, house, i.e. lots of other life committments that limit my training time, and given that the 1/2/3 race is last one of the day at most events (it cuts into family time and screws up the entire day leading up to it), I've not upgraded to this point. My plan is to stay a 3 the balance of this year until after our district RR championships then re-evaluate and if I have the points, request the cat 2 upgrade.

Its not THAT big of a deal.... It supposed to be harder, longer, and more strategic when one upgrades