Old 06-05-09, 11:33 AM
unlimitednights

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two e-emails about buying wheels, help me!

First of all I am looking for cheap wheels to get my beater ass single speed converted into a fixed gear. So I am looking on Craigslist for some wheels, I posted an ad saying I wasn't ready to pay a ton of money and these are two emails. What do you guys think is my best bet, I don't know how much the first guy wants yet. Also the second one confused the hell out of me.

"Hi there,
I may be able to help you.....
I have a newly built flip-flop track wheel with an Ambrosia aero rim at home.
If you need a front wheel, as well....I'm sure I have a decent front wheel laying around too.
Let me know if you would like to see it....
Take care"

"hi,
i have a set of maillard 700 pro tubular track wheels. they came stock on my 1979 marinoni track bike. they're built on feather-light fiamme tubular rims, and are italian threaded, so you must use a miche lockring. the rear is single-sided, fixed only. $100 takes them as is with tubular tires, or if you buy a pair of new sun cr18 clincher rims (700c eyeletted, 36h, about $30 retail each), i'll rebuild them for you for $25 extra and throw in a pair of old continental clincher tires."

Keep in mind, I just want to be able to get around efficiently and go fast. Everyone is usually pretty helpful here though, so... word.