View Single Post
Old 06-08-09, 07:22 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unthinking adoration of a company does no one any good, especially when it comes to possibly dangerous goods. I've bought plenty of stuff from DX over the years, I even placed an order with them yesterday, but I certainly don't trust anything from them connected to the mains, especially after others have had problems with the same product. I'm not so cheap as to try and save three or four dollars on an iffy product.

From the DX Message Board.
Subject: Solid red led for 5 Hours
no1john Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:17 AM Reply
I am using this charger with a pair of new Trustfire 18650 2400mAh 3.7v Li-on protected batterys. The battery's seem to ship charged but I placed one in the charger and it is showing a solid red(no flickering to green) led even after 5 hours of charging, Is this normal? I placed the second battery in my torch and left it on for 2 hours to drain some power from it, I then placed the partialy drained battery into the charge and it also shows a solid red led (no flickering). How can i tell if it is charging? Should it not flicker green as other people have said? The charge shows a solid green led without battery inserted and changes to solid red when battery is in place.Can anyone help explain this. Thanks

captjimjam Moderator Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:50 AM Reply
Do you have a multimeter to hand, to measure the battery voltage?

Posts (5727) | Reviews (56) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
no1john Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:18 AM Reply
No multimeter unfortunatly, Im'e begining to think the charger will never show a green led for when a battery is charged

Posts (4) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
theborg Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:59 PM Reply
I received my charger today and, like you, after a couple of hours, the two leds were still red. I unplugged the charger, remove one battery, put it back in, replug the charger and the two leds were green...

You might try to unplug and replug the charger.

Posts (1) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
gazzag94 Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:16 PM Reply
You might try to unplug and replug the charger.

Yeah. Always works for me when my AA/AAA/9V charger remains Green after swapping charged batteries for empty batteries.

Posts (819) | Reviews (20) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
no1john Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:21 PM Reply
Thanks for the tip's, the charger is now displaying a green led after 6 hours of charging battery. At no time did it flicker green so i guess they must of changed the spec of the charger.

Posts (4) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
gazzag94 Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:22 PM Reply
It should be fine now, as long as you remember to unplug after every full charge. At least that's what I do.

Posts (819) | Reviews (20) | Tip Post
Edit Post Report Post
GrAnd Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:01 PM Reply
The latest batches seems to have cheaper circuit which does charge with lowering current instead of CC/CV. That means it is not blinking while charging and takes more time to charge. So, it behaves in the same way as TrustFire TR-001 does. Here is the charging graph (from TR-001 though; As WF-139 is a little bit more powerful, the time should be shorter)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5915/vaavg.th.png
img src: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5915/vaavg.th.png

Large picture - http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5915/vaavg.png

Green leds just indicate when the current reaches some level. The actual charging is continuing actually (with low(ering) current).

Posts (103) | Reviews (34) | Tip Post
post edited by GrAnd on 5/12/2009 at 2:05 PM Edit Post Report Post
no1john Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:06 PM Reply
would it be safe to use this charger with unprotected cell's? would it stop charging at at the correct limit for battery
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1251