View Single Post
Old 02-12-05, 11:52 PM
FLyBOy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMXTRIX
You would get the Pro Dirt fork from Odyssey w/brake bosses on them already (call the shop, they either have them, or can order them).

You would not need the 990 brake plates.

I would go with a better brake brand than Tektro. You see Tektro on bikes all the time because they are cheap, not because they are good. Odyssey Evolvers, Dia-Compe 990's, Diatech, or Revenge - not Fly, not Tektro.

Looks really good though, still might want to look at some other stuff to save some weight, but really, looks good.

Ok, thank you for the complements. I thought about your advice on the part selections, and made a few different choices. But again, thank you for your help and patients, your a very kind person. And I did look at Odyssey Evolvers, and I think I'll make that switch. And they come with there own brake pads, which is nice! So, everything else looks good then? That's good! But I do have one more question. What other components do you suggest that I could get to save weight? Because I added it all together, and this bike only weighs 28 pounds with the frame included. I didn't think that that was very heavy, but I don't know enough about that to be sure. My current bike weighs 32 pounds. But, anyway, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!