Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Day three

King City to Paso Robles

"Quadbuster"!

This was the first difficult climb of the ride “Quadbuster”, was an extremely difficult climb with a 15 percent grade. I went to my drops for this one which really put the pressure on my back. I was surprised that my knees held up so well. Many people walked. After that it was all flat with intermittent sprinkles. My A** was killing me! I couldn't feel my hands most of the time, although I was loving the ride. My bike felt great, but my body was not enjoying it. I was kind of hoping to get a lot of reflecting time out here, but due to the pain my mind was constantly drawn back to my butts suffering. I started with the Ibruprofen which did help a bit.

We stopped in a small town of Bradly which put out a spread for the riders. Through ALC donations the school is able to keep running for the year. I was happy to eat there and along with the other riders contribute to such a great charity. The kids and townsfolk were great to us.
We spent a lot of time on the 101 highway which was a bit frightening. I was glad when we finally pulled into camp.

This was the night that all the fixed gear riders got together for a meet and greet. It really was a lot of fun and the ages varied from 20 to 56. It was nice to talk shop and I learned a lot of knew things about fixed gear culture. BTW one of the fixed gear couples were tenting right next to us.

Paso Robles was uplifting. This was the night where the theme was "Poz Peddlers" of which I'm a part of. This is where I had a very life changing moment last year. When I excepted my fate and who I am. The day ended with an upbeat vibe. I slept pretty well.