View Single Post
Old 06-17-09, 09:06 PM
trailfinder41

Bikes: Giant NRS-2, Lemond Zurich (853 Reynolds Steel)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice

That is your problem to begin with: Buying a Bike from "Wal-Mart" try stopping by your friendly professional bike shop, so they can both have yourself and your wife properly fitted for the type of riding and sizes you both are. It may be a little bit more money, if you are concerned about costs, but saving your body from unwanted aches and pains due to IMPROPER FIT are the results of aches and pains for a large number of riders, also realizing as your wife and yourself are beginner riders in the cycling world. Aches and soreness applies to any beginner of the world of sports of your liking as far as for recreational and or personal interest until your body is used to the change of event in your lifestyle. Best suggestion for soreness: STRETCH A DAY BEFORE RIDING, DIET-HEALTHY EATING, DRINK BEFORE YOU ARE THIRSTY AND DON'T FORGET TO REPLENISH WITH LIGHT SNACKS OR SPORTS GEL, ETC AND DRINK OFTEN WHEN RIDING. WHEN YOU ARE DONE RIDING, IF YOU RODE FOR A LONG TIME, I MYSELF, ENJOY A HARD RIDE ON OCCASSION TOO, FILL THE TUB WITH WARM WATER AND POUR SOME EPSON SALT IN IT AND SOAK FOR A WHLE.-I am sure there are other inexpensive remedies for muscle soreness besides my own advice.