Old 06-18-09, 06:13 AM
slim_77

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
my teammate was one who crashed--didn't take anyone out with him. He was up in the top 5-10 and leaned into that turn too far, he clipped his pedal and went down on his side. He cracked his helmet into several pieces and when I got to him he was ok, except for that "you need a CT scan" look. He got one and is fine, but with a major headache.

I rode the course and it looked pretty safe and fun, except for that one turn. But there is always "one" place on any crit course that is tough/sketchy, this one is no exception.

The race organizer is one of the Kenda women (don't know her name) but she is racing badass herself. So, it is a good event and the few suggestions about the course marshaling were welcomed and I hope will be acted upon (no one know Dan was hurt till we all said: "hey, where's Dan?!?"--> sitting on the side of the course, holding his head). I've heard that they will change the course, just for variety, for each series so...we'll see.

They had a decent course, plenty of volunteers, a great turn out, good sponsors, and its right near home.

I like it.

register early! I decided too late that I wanted to race and it was full. There were 75 cat 4/5! +10-15 more on the wait list! Though there were only 20-25 cat 1-2-3s.

I think, like Kevin's Crits, this could be a great new series to try out new tactics.