Old 06-18-09, 12:33 PM
joe_5700
CAT4

Bikes: 2009 Cervélo S1, 2009 Felt F75, 2010 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5, 2011 Cannondale CAADx, 2011 Specialized Transition Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
All I know for sure is that whatever I end up with will have to do mostly road, maybe a little mud, gravel, grass and defiantly be able to take a curb. Beyond that, front suspension or rigid fork? Disc brakes? Components? How important is weight for my uses? What are good brands to start looking at? Ect? I have too many questions and not enough info to answer them. Can someone fill me in or point me in the right direction? .
There are many many bikes that will foot the bill in your price range. Look all the bikes that you can online and more importantly, see what your local LBS carries.

Some brands to consider: Specialized, Trek, Giant, Gary Fisher, Scott, Bianchi, Jamis, Felt, Cannondale etc etc. (just too many good brands). You say maybe for the mud, gravel and grass. If I was you, I would lean much more to a road oriented bike. Flat bar bikes are great for cruising around, but you will not like them nearly as much in heavy winds. The only way you are going to know for sure is to get out and ride, ride ride.