View Single Post
Old 02-15-05, 05:30 PM
chicharron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Fumbles
My name is Richard. Nickname Fumbles was a high school nickname when I kept fumbling the football in my short lived JV football career. (To bad I didn't take up cycling back then.) But I rekindled the nickname from my wife when I took a spill on the last day of the MS150 in April from Houston to Austin and broke my collar bone, shattered my elbow and had a slight concussion. However, I knew this sport was for me when more upset that I wasn't going to finish but knowing that I was going to enter it again the next year and finish.

Almost a year later I invested in a TREK 1800c, average about 120 miles a week during the winter months, follow a work out cycling program, have already planned my riding events calendar for 2005 and have secretly vowed to myself to do the across america bike ride when I turn 50 in three more years. Oh ya, I registered for the 2005 MS150 Houston to Austin back in December. I already did the MS150 from SA to Corpus Christe 154 miles.

That's the introduction and look forward to reading some good advice in this forum.

Fumbles (Richard)
bienvenidos. I was in San Antonio in the summer of 2003, for a visit for the first time. We really liked it. Esp the botanical gardens in West San Antonio