Old 06-20-09, 03:22 AM
sk8masta716
Schwinnoobie

Bikes: 1972 Schwinn Continental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah just got home from working the bar and had to check in here before bed. Tin foil eh? I never would have known that. So i just put the lemon juice/cola on there and rub it with tin foil? I disassembled most of it yesterday afternoon and cleaned up the chrome a bit. The spokes on the wheels are very oxidized, they'll be a pain but I want to shine 'em up nicely. I plan to take a trip to niagara falls and pick up the needed parts when i get up.

Roll: I'm not trying to restore this bike to it's original form. I'm a younger guy and I have to add my own style to it. I'm thinking white bar tape and white brake lines with whitewall tires on the burgundy frame will look pretty nice. But I may get a little crazier who knows. If I pick up some alloys you'll have dibs on the hubs for sure.

Mkeller: I rode for about an hour today and I feel like I have been *****! I'll probably pick up a new seat while I'm at the shop tomorrow, but I may be cheap and just use the gel pad I found in our basement for the time being. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Thanks for the suggestions/insight guys and keep it comming! I hope I can be of help to some of you eventually too.

Last edited by sk8masta716; 06-20-09 at 03:25 AM.