Bike Forums - View Single Post - The annual "I rode my road bike through deep water" thread
Old 06-21-09, 07:57 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by mzeffex View Post
yeah that doesn't sound good. Why did you do that, anyways?
Well...

I use an MUP that runs along the Chicago River in a forest preserve. An entire section was flooded, my only alternative would have involved a 5 mile back-track & detour. That would have been ok, however I thought the water would be just 6 inched deep... I was wrong.

I'll let my LBS take care of the bike. The bike has 2500 miles on it, so a repack of the wheels & BB is useful at this point, especially since the bike has seen a lot of rain since March. They will turn it around quickly for a nominal fee.

Michael
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 06-21-09 at 08:13 PM.