View Single Post
Old 02-16-05, 12:18 PM
Sawtooth
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Remember that the concept wealth is relative to the environment. There are some countries wherein owning 12 cows is sufficient to render a person quite wealthy. Just like our own wealthy in the US, those who own 12 cows in those countries are treated with a different amount of respect and act accordingly.

This may not make sense, but in Army basic training, every guy worked his butt off and still only owned 3 pairs of brown underwear. I kind of liked that. We had what we needed. Everytime I get to whining about my income relative to that of others, I need to remember that I am blessed enough to have what I need and be happy with that.

Regarding the original nature of this post, I was told the other day by security that I can not keep my bike in my cubicle. I don't like being told what to do. I guess I think I am a reasonable person who considers the effects of his actions before he does them and should be allowed to think for himself regarding benign issues such as where I am parking my bike. I did as I was told and parked it outside in the covered locked cage, but it still eats at me.