tgbikes
tgbikes

Bikes: Volpe,Eros, Voyageur, LHT, Ochsner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
bike lanes

I 'm over from the touring form. The city of Omaha Ne. just anounced they are spending $600.000 to instal, or mark (A) that is one bike lane, on one side of several of our streets. A year or so ago they did this trick on one of the little used streets. I have asked some of Omahas finest (patrol officers) what this means. Is this a one way street for bikes ? do you us the lane going one way and the other side when you go the other way? or God forbid ride aginst trafic and use the one lane in both directions? my only response to this question has been that that was a good Question. I understand that riding against trafic is the # 1 killer fo bike riders, true of false? I have riden cost to cost and from the golf to Manitoba and not yet seen any thing like this, please inlighten Me. Or If you think that the brain trust of our city is out to lunch please E-mail them. That money could go a long way to inform people, ( bikes and cars) how they are suposto play togather, and the city councle would be a good place to start. Thank you from the corn patch !