Old 06-26-09, 01:51 PM
bizzz111

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fonfa
Forgot to mention that I'm from Brazil and availability is an issue for a lot of stuff around here.
I'm not getting another bike, because I got a great deal on this dahon. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it. Can't have 2 bikes, gotta be just one.

I know I canīt make the bike much faster with these upgrades, but itīs going to be faster uphill, right? With 1.0 high pressure tires it gets as fast as it can... right? My problem is not the speed, the speed is okay. The bike just feels a bit heavy and it's a hassle carrying it around because of that.

Is carbon strong enough to resist a pothole or a curb jump? And is it damping enough to ride comfortably over bumpy pavement? And then I could run 65psi front and 100psi back...
I can understand than way of thinking, however I would think about not upgrading a little bit more.

$170 for a fork (that might really screw up the fit), $80 for a seat, $60-70 for tires, $50 for brakes. If you sold your Dahon for $450-500 (is it a 2009?), and add in the money you wanted to use for upgrading, you would easily have a swift, plus some cash left over for a seat or a mini-pump.

People change their minds about bikes they bought all the time. Why try and dress up a pig? The bike you bought isn't working for you. Unload it and get the bike you really want (lighter and faster).