Thread: Body image.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-09, 08:05 PM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Body image.

I think I'm on the onset of a body image problem.

Now, my body looks pretty good overall; my arms are well-toned as are my legs, and there is some definition in my abdominal and chest region. However, the crux of this problem resides in that area. Every time I sit down, I see little rolls of something that bother me like crazy. From my reference point they look concerning, but from an external reference point (say, a mirror or another person), they're nothing.

What bothers me even further is the something that these rolls consist of. I have no idea whether it's body fat or loose skin that's causing them, but whatever it is is driving me nuts. I haven't gained weight; in fact, when I stepped on a scale last (two weeks ago), I weighed in at 160 lb with clothes on, which is well in my range (155 - 160). My waist size has not changed; it has remained at about 30" since last year. (It used to be 34" several years ago.) Finally, I know that my diet is nothing crazy; I do have some foods that might be better removed, particularly cereal and bread, but they aren't drastic.

Has anyone come across this problem after they lost the desired weight? If so, how was it resolved?

I appreciate everyone's advice! Thanks for reading.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces