View Single Post
Old 02-17-05, 07:27 PM
Helmet-Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Treespeed, you crack me up. WTF is a WOL? Well, Gene finally figured it out, and provides an excellent definition a couple of posts back.

But a driver who won't yield, or who feels it is their duty to show a cyclist their place is pretty much the same thing.
You mean like a cyclist who won't yield, or who feels it is his right to show a motorist their place is pretty much the same thing?

"I signaled clearly and began moving over with at least 100 feet of distance of a white minivan that was overtaking me. "

Uh, since you were moving that much slower than he was, that move violated the minivan driver's right-of-way.

What I have been taught is "1) Signal. 2) WAIT, until any overtaking driver yields the right-of-way to you, THEN... 3) begin to move over..."

But, yeah, to me there is a big difference between someone irritated by a cyclist's insistence to violate the right-of-way of another road user, and expressing that irritation with a probably unintentional brush of a mirror, and someone who doesn't want to avoid hitting the cyclist.

Finally, this poll is totally different from the other one. In this one I'm exploring the relationship of believing motorists don't want to hit the cyclist with traffic intimidation, which wasn't even addressed in the other poll or subsequent discussion.