View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 09:02 AM
oilman_15106

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipper
So, what part of the signage do you not understand? Apparently, PA code allows for some road use restrictions. It seems to me that you and your friends need to get the signs changed (restrictions removed) before you rip on the cop too badly.
I guess I need to defend my outrage better. I was riding on the OFFICAL PENDOT detour route due to the closed bridge and not riding on the road either. The berm is wide and has "drunk saver" rumble strips at a right angle to the roadway. A real pain to ride and not the road of choice.

The other thing that bothered me was that at 4:30 pm the average speed on that road is well above 70mph even though it is posted 55. I guess the local police think it is not dangerous to speed in a car/truck but quite a public safety issue to ride a bike on the berm. You know the police don't want the public to be late to catch the Gilligan's Island reruns.

I have contacted my PA state representative about the issue but they are quite busy in Harrisburg trying to figure out how to raise everyone's taxes with no budget for the year passed.