Old 02-18-05, 09:57 PM
hooligan
Just give'er.

Bikes: 04 Scrap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By the way, I doubt the terralogic is as good as it seems it is. Personally, I find something that uses soft springs with very limited travel at the top of the fork, along with a spring at the bottom that is soft when bumps hit below, based on an oil valve, to be more effective . I may be wrong though. I have not taken any physics classes yet or anything that really relates to fork science, except for a unit in FLuids. The top would absorb most of the riding bob because the lower spring is stronger and will not take the force from the top, becasue there is already a softer spring at the top. At the bottom stanchion, there is a tab that would push an oil valve down, allowing oil to flow freely if a bump is hit. The lower stanchion without the oil valve being depressed, would react a little to small bumps and should the bump be big enough, it would instantaneously send the fork up hard, the spring would compress enoough for the tab in the fork to hit the oil valve, allowing more travel to absorb the shock. Slowly, the spring would push back down until the fork is "rigid" again.

The soft spring/hard spring works like a helmet works, but reversed. A soft upper, a hard lower. The soft part compresses, but the hard part will not budge because its own resistance to compression is greater than that of the softer spring. The softer spring will still be adjustable to be hard enought to stop even the heaviest pushers from compressing the lower stanchion/shock.