View Single Post
Old 02-18-05, 11:35 PM
OneTinSloth
(Grouchy)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i have the larger alloy pump, so far i've been pretty happy with it. it has a guage, and the two pump modes (high vol. and high pressure) are super. i also like the fact that i don't have to take the head apart to switch from presta to schrader. i haven't had any issues with getting my tires up above 80psi with regard to effort involved. takes me about 5 minutes to pull my wheel, replace the tube and get rolling again when i flat...depending on where i'm going it might take me longer (if i'm going to work, it'll take me about 7-10minutes) .

i used the blackburn airstick for a while, and it was okay. but it died on me on a hot day while i was out in the hills. thankfully, i think it was a holiday, so there were plenty of other folks out on their bikes, and i borrowed a frame pump. i vowed then, that my next pump would be a frame pump, but then i got the crank bros. one and i'm pretty stoked on it.

my two complaints about it are 1) you can't use it to inflate an air matress (but seriously, what bicycle pump can do that?), and 2) it sometimes slips off the valve when the pressure gets around 60-80psi, but that just could be due to the fact that i don't have the valve head tight enough. it's not enough of a problem to make me regret getting the pump though.