james Haury

Bikes: Yeah Dahon Bike Friday Panasonic Dyno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Simple Simon
Any details (eg pic, web ?)
Sorry i have no web cam. I would recommend a 16 inch wheeled yeah it is much easier to modify and parts are more readily available.I will see the mods to my 14 inch through( for i am very stubborn) but I recommend others stay with 16 0r 20 inch wheels.( I saw a 20 inch wheeled boardwalk single at Dans bike shop in berwyn Illinois last week in black this would be a good cannidate for fixed gear conversion w/ parts available from nashbar) It is much less of a hassle. I ordered a 14 inch coaster brake wheel 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing from the shop they are hard to get . A 14 inch wheeled bike does not get much smaller than a 16 inch yeah anyway. The Roll N fold is silver in color with a 1 pc folding handlebar stem combo the seatpost is 19 inches long and removable I would not recommend the bike to anyone over 5 feet 8 though as they will be hunched over the bars with their butt higher than their hands . The frame hinge is in the middle and is standard klapprad fare(the hinges are beginning to creak a bit and I have ridden maybe 16 miles) all in all the bike looks very much like a current dahon . I have added a rear fender ( which is actually a front fender for a 26 inch wheeled bike)I have also changed out the grips and wrapped the stem with parachute cord by way of ornamentation. The saddle has been switched for a well padded saddle with springs and the rear tire has ben changed for one with slightly higher pressure .If i get the coaster brake wheel I will fit it with a 13T cog and may experiment with an 11T cog off of a cassette.S Simon do you enjoy constructing Q ships? (I.E Bikes whose appearance belies their perforance potential.)The last time i checked at A.J Wright they had one left.

Last edited by james Haury; 02-19-05 at 09:53 AM.