Old 07-07-09, 12:56 PM

Bikes: Two Robin Mather custom built tourers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bushman
Hy Krsytal! although i'm sure that you can defend yourself properly, and have appropraite situational awareness to that matter, i would be a bit concerned for your personal safety if stealth camped alone. Specifically, should an incident arise, would anyone hear you yell for help or be able to find you?

again, i'm not saying that you or any woman cannot defend themselves, just saying the above scenario is possible.
The whole point about stealth camping is that hopefully there will be no one around to make you scream for help And the same question applies to a man as well.

It's worth pointing out that being in a campground does not necessarily protect you from the 'baddies' either. Just ask the two young women who were attacked in NZ. Just hope you are not in the wrong place at the wrong time and perhaps consider taking a self-defense course or carrying some pepper spray for that unlikely situation. That's a good move even if you never stealth camp.

Dervla Murphy springs to mind as the classic example of a woman who's stealth camping and been in many other adventurous solo situations before, for decades now.