Thread: Cars and Dating
View Single Post
Old 07-07-09, 02:40 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
Very good. Being carfree is not weird, abnormal or inferior. I wouldn't want to date somebody who thought it was.

Ideologically you have a good point. Practically it looks a bit different. A minority of a minority trying to hook up takes a lot more luck that when you have a larger pool to pick from. In a car centrist society a anti car person is different and strange. Even in the biking community car free is a minority. So in this sub group of a sub group you have to find someone to date that believes like you do and then finds you attractive as well. That in itself is still a long way from a successful relationship. Then you have to find one that is willing to walk to a date no matter what the weather nor how limited the dating area might be.

I have been around for more than a few years and I haven’t seen any big increase in pretty women that view starting life car free as something they put down as what they want when the grow up and enter the working world. There is always the anti culture but the selection is still less than the majority of society. As most social scientist point out; successful pairing up increases dramatically when you have the largest pool of potential people to connect with. The smaller the pool the less selective you can afford to be.

The one big advantage a small group has in that the more devoted one is to an idea the more they are willing to overlook other character flaws in other devotees.