Old 07-07-09, 08:55 PM
Ollamnh

Bikes: Cannondale and Fuji touring, and mountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For lack of a better title - Introduction

An introduction now, is it? We;;, lets see....

Hi, I'm Chuck. I'm 62, and rode a bike for 42 of them. I haven't been able to ride for the last eight years and though I've survived somehow, the feeling of loss hasn't lessened one bit in those eight years. Not that it matters but I was one of those rare cases where a knee replacement went bad. After multiple surgeries, the bottom line is that when I try to ride, I fall before I can get the pedals turning.

My riding when I did it was local touring and training, mostly solo. My goal was to ride as many late summer and fall centuries as I could get to, and everything else was training. My ride of choice was a Sekai 18-speed, but like many riders, I had several others of just about every type.

So now, every July I watch every minute of the Tour de France that I can, read bicycle books and cycling magazines, and occasionally help other folks work on their bikes.

Otherwise, I'm a retired computer network amd tech support manager and VERY amateur musician whose other web hangouts are Irish Music, pennywhistle and high school football sites. And a fisherman - always that.

As for what drew mw to the Bike Forum, it was research on a classic bike I'm trying to ID for someone else. Having looked around, though, I think I'm going to find exploring this place competely fascinating.