Old 07-08-09, 08:45 AM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
I was just taking to Racer Ex this morning about how these guys have had to race their bikes every day this Tour. The TTT has made that even more important. The "contenders" who lost out yesterday are going to have to go all out starting now to get back into contention.
Who called the TTT as a possible deal breaker BTW.

Some quick thoughts:

If you're Columbia, with the fastest sprinter in the bunch, on the eve of a TTT you might win why, would you have your guys destroy themselves to split the field? Oh, that's right, no GC guy. Nevermind.

You think Hincapie put a bug in someone's ear about that BTW?

Fabian is looking like Indurain. I agree with Roche. Leanest, strongest, and smartest he's ever been

We will see how fast Andy can really climb

I don't think Lance and AC are going on vacation together anytime soon, with Lance going to visit Offthebackistan in a few days, that's just as well.

Speaking of Lance, anybody see his test results posted? Or am I the only one with a memory longer than 1 week?

TT bikes go around corners just fine.

I feel sorry for Cadel then I realize he re-signed with Lotto when he could have bailed. In Flemish I understand "Lotto" means a blank, dumb expression

Speaking of Cadel, "You don't even give me guys that can sit in?" His riding all but one of his teammates off his wheel at the end of the TTT was raising a white flag with a giant middle finger in it at his team.

Laugh at Menchov all you want, he's got three Grand Tour wins. Besides, if you are a GT contender on Rababonk, you must crash in a time trial. It's the law

Last edited by Racer Ex; 07-08-09 at 10:04 AM.