Old 02-20-05, 10:31 AM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby
I'm running 32mm Pasela Tourguards, and I'm very pleased with them. I'm not sure that it was necessary to get the TGs, but so far I've got no flats... of course, there are only about 50 miles or so on the tires right now! We'll see how it goes, I guess.
I put 5,6000 miles on a set of these. There was plenty of tread left, but the cloth tape over the bead that protects the edge of the tire was coming off and the threads were going all over the place. They are great for flat protection. Fast compared to other similar tires, and a little on the bumpy side. Longer lasting tires have a little harder rubber, which is a very slight reduction in traction. Good racing tires wear out in as little as 800 miles. Sometimes you can't even tell by the feel.

I love my 32 mm Pasela tourguards. I'm on my third set that is up to about 2000 miles, no flats. I don't even get a flat every year. On all three sets maybe total of around 13,000 miles, three or four flats maximum. I don't many flats on my other tires either, so I may not be running over much.