mr handy
Living Notoriously Well

Bikes: 06 Felt F80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hit and Run...

I got hit today for the first time... Was out sneaking in a few miles between raindrops. About 5 miles in I was cruising along at about 18mph coming up on an intersection (st Joe rd & Lake Iola) Near San Antonio FL. When a blue SUV (think it was a ford) pulls along side me, slows, and pulls right across into me (I'm even with his passenger rear door) I yell something, and grab a fist full of break, stand it up on the front wheel, then let loos a bit to drop the back down. he is still coming, my shoulder against the car. Down I go, tuck and roll to a stop in the middle of the street. Didn't get the plate number... A woman tried to catch the guy, but she couldn't catch up to him, or he ducked off on to a side road.

all in all I could be worse... no damage to the bike (got to love AL.) Still need to check the fork... scuff on the saddle and bar end, brifter was knocked in a bit. noting that cant easily be fixed... both wheels true and round.

As for me I have a little rash on my knee, both elbow, bruise on left shoulder and a real good bruise on my left lower back, just above the waist... My back is killing me.

passed the local sheriff on the way back home and told him what happened. He was more sympathetic then anything, and said he would let the officer in charge of that area know what happened. I elected not to file a hit and run, as I would have had to wait for the FLHP, In the rain most likely and with an ever stiffening back.

That is all.