Roughstuff
Punk Rock Lives

Location: Throughout the west in a van, on my bike, and in the forest

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker with BRIFTERS!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts
My dad's policy was 'Dog bites. Dog dies.' Our little spaniel bootsie bit a kid down the street when I was just a youngin', and I can still remember the sadness of our dad taking him to the pound to be out to sleep. (the dog, that is, not the kid.)

I have had endless run-ins with dogs both walking and riding. The local gun shop told us powerful pepper spray is most effective on dogs; for me, my attitude is the first spray goes on the dog and the secone one goes on the damn owner.

It is such a hassle getting your shots and treatment and all that; and then trying to get the bills paid by your company, their company, the owner, whatever; that you might as well just go to a lawyer and sue. Down the street from us they had a big, honestly loveable Great Dane; but the problem is he ran out across the road to attack us and our honestly Loveable Beagle. Last time I looked there is no dog there; but the owner, who's face could give any dog a run for the money, is there in all his repugnant glory. His wife, who doubles as a cow in a the moonlight, doesn;t go out in her front yard anymore...probably afraid of a drive by shooting.

I always tell my rottweiler story on these forums. The long and short of it? Two rotties chased after me when I was on my world tour in Alaska. A recreation vehicle coming from the other direction hit one and killed it instantly; and did a nice bang up job on the second one. Amen.

roughstuff