Old 07-16-02, 08:17 PM
LegalIce
Goes both ways - MTB/RB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So who am I anyway...(like you care...)

I am a biker wannabe... I wanna be a biker... I bought a Trek 800 Sport 5 years ago this month. A cheap bike, but tons better than the Murray it replaced. Problem is I moved a few months later and changed law schools, adopted a child and on and on, so my Trek 800 collected dust and cob webs. Then I moved again...

After figuring out that the practice of law is not for me, I returned to software development with a company here in Evansville. As it turns out, many of my new coworkers and neighbors in my new neighborhood bike. I live a quick 5 minutes from Angel Mounds trails, so back on the bike I go. Have probably ridden a few hundred miles over the last month, and that's about 198 more than I have ridden since I started to drive about 20 years ago.

I love it so much I am going to spend money I don't have on a real road bike, albeit low-end. Hope to ride at least one century next year, with the local Great Pumpkin Metric on my immediate ride list. (Ocr. 13 - Evansville - see http://www.bicycle.evansville.net/ for more details) Hope to do the 100K if I can get more time in the road saddle over the next 6-8 weeks.

Love the forums and open discourse...Let's ride!

Greg