Old 07-19-09, 11:22 AM
GraysonPeddie

Bikes: Trek Pure Trike (recently bought)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very interesting, but for commuting, I'd always like to keep the lighting simple and professional-looking. Not unless I want to fancy out for entertainment.

Well, to make it interesting for commuting, I thought about having lights change colors depending in one of the following:

• If I go, the color will change to green.
  • If I hit the rear brake, the color of the wheel will change to yellow.
  • If I stop, the wheel will be colored red.

Oh, and here's one other thing: Since I will be riding an adult upright tricycle, I'd like either of two rear wheels to blink a red light depending on whether I'm going to turn left, right, or switch lanes. One negative about the lights in wheels is I'm not sure if they can be visible from the back of the tricycle, so it's better to use hand signals instead.

However, I do realize that this will require hacking together relay switches to lights, which is no big deal. But some thing that I don't like about is soldering wires together and I'm not good at that. I used to have that Cold-Heat thing that I usually saw in TV commercials and I ordered it like a couple of years ago (I stopped buying products advertised in TV commercials recently). I used the Cold-Heat to soldier a wire to a circuit board, which is used for a wireless doorbell, but it got browned out and had to pay another for a new wireless doorbell (it is used for home automation).

So anyway, I like the lights in the wheels.