Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by vincenzosi
It's just that riding with them always seems to require an adjustment every few miles... .

Thanks!
That is the learning that i speak of. I remember thinking that at first as well. The first few times you find yourself fiddling with it all of the time and getting frustrated. That is where most people give up. If you stick with it, you soon find that it never needs adjusting anymore. You soon find out that you never have to mess with it and hardly ever notice it unless, you don't have it.

A lot of the learning is "learning how to find the mirror, in your peripheral vision. Your eyes have to learn how to go out and find the mirror. Then it is just a matter of getting it at the proper angle. I set mine up so the left (towards me) side just barely shows the side of my head. The bottom third of the mirror reflects my left shoulder.

This provides a referance for your brain to know what the mirror is looking at. It makes the road behind you very easy to locate. To reiterate, this and every bike mirror takes some learning. It also takes MANY rides to get the hang of it.