Old 07-20-09, 02:12 PM
luxroadie
I read more than post

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allen H
If anyone ever needs an object lesson for what happens in team cycling when you try to work two conflicting goals into the same stage (or, in effect, do one half-assed or half-hearted b/c you still want the other objective to happen) - just play this stage and Columbia's effort and outcome over & over & over.

I'm convinced the relegation would never have happened if Columbia's sprint train had been going all-out for Cav. Instead, they were looking around, trying to both help Cav across for green points but not eat into Hincapie's slim margin for yellow.

You can't serve two different masters at the same time...
+1 - a painful lesson but a lesson nonetheless... will be going to Ventoux Friday night. I'll tell Bob we've concluded he was a dope for trying to get both jerseys and should have stuck with green ...

PS - my bet is it was the boys up front organizing a "spring slow" on their own (Stapleton isn't usually on the radios I'm told). So +1 to the person who cited Cav as being a bit immature - he got too greedy and will have to wait til next year (with four stages in his pocket again ... hmm not a bad "bad year" )