Old 07-21-09, 06:51 AM
Gromulus
Keeper of the Castle

Bikes: 2009 CAAD9-5, 2009 Kona Dew Plus, Trek 930

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I assume you rode other bikes, were propery fitted, and chose the Dew Plus because it fit your requirements. As the other poster stated, there is nothing you "need" to upgrade on it until you have more experience riding it.

For the record I also have a Dew Plus and think it is a grat value in an all around bike. While I wasn't used to the saddle initially, it was fairly comfortable after a few weeks of riding. I did replace the grips with Specialized BG ("body geometry") ergo grips which I like much better. Perhaps if you start feeeling the need to go faster you may eventually want to switch out the 700 x 42's for some 32's or 28's. I like the fatter tires for the type of combined road/path/gravel/dirt riding I do with this bike and ride my road bike for faster on-road rides.

As noted above, look at a saddle bag, water bottles and cages, extra tube(s), perhaps a pump and/or CO2, cyclo-computer, multi-tool, flashing rear light and perhaps a headlight if you plan on any night riding.

The Dew Plus would also make an excellent commuter/urban bike - just add on a rack (although you need to work around the disc brakes).

Oh yeah, most importantly - enjoy it!

Last edited by Gromulus; 07-21-09 at 06:54 AM.