Old 07-22-09, 10:27 AM
russellthegreat

Bikes: 2001 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Numb numb numb

I've been doing hours of research on what the best saddle is for preventing numbness in my dick (penis?) and perineum (choad, taint, gooch, whatever you want to call it).

I won't ride a Brooks, so please don't even try to suggest it. Let me try to explain why. I have no idea why my anatomy is this way, but here we go.

Let's start with the saddle parallel with the ground. I put my sit bones right on the back of the saddle, so they are placed well, and they are comfortable, now the problem is that when i put my hands on the bars i get pressure on my perineum. Lots. I'm talking about 10-15 miles and I am completely numb, like operating room numb.

I tilt the seat forward just a few degrees and the pressure is off my perineum (relief!) but now I'm having to scoot back every mile or so, and also I have way more weight on my arms, which fatigues my shoulders, tris, forearms and causes my hands to go numb, which turns out is worse than a numb dick.

I want to sit on my sit bones ONLY. And I really want to SIT there, not have to adjust a bunch, not have to put weight on my hands, etc. So, with that fact in mind that a parallel saddle puts massive pressure on my perineum when flat, I obviously need something for my perineum to fit into without anything touching it. I need to literally isolate the saddle to fit only my sit bones.

So here are the saddles I'm considering. I'm going extreme here. Hug cut out, emphasis on seat bone positioning. I don't care about weight, so that is not why I think the Italia might work. It is entirely because of the huge cut out.

Italia SLC
http://bicycleseatreviews.com/shop/s...le-italia-slc/

Selle SMP evolution Strike
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...ductId=1066770

Thanks a million for your help. You might just save my sex life and my manhood!