View Single Post
Old 07-22-09, 07:32 PM
PaPa

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
As long as you can keep the brakes and DR's operational it could be a good "First 'bent".
A "first 'bent" assumes future replacement - frankly, I don't see the Wal-Mart recumbent in that light. If the ergonomics are suitable for the rider's physical dimensions and the frame is upgradeable, then why look further?.. unless, of course, you simply must have the latest bling. Assuming the Wally 'bent is 42-44 pounds, then with a little patient and careful parts swapping, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 35 pound machine, placing it on par with the RANS Tailwind or Bachetta Agio... at a fraction of the cost.
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
That being said, one has to remember that wheel size & gearing are important factors to consider. The Wally bike will most probably be a slow bike
By just installing 100 psi Kenda Kwest and 52/42/30 rings, I suspect the Wal-Mart to be every bit as fast as a Tailwind, Agio or even your E1-SX. (BTW, did your Sun E1-SX come factory equipt with 100 psi Kendas?)

Edit: Never mind, I just checked Sun's site and see that the E1-SX comes with "60 psi tires"

Last edited by PaPa; 07-22-09 at 07:40 PM.