Old 07-24-09, 05:39 AM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 87 Posts
This is being sold by a fellow BF member....

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=565645

Panasonic DX4000, exc. condition, fully tuned, 60cm, $325 OBO - $325 (Logan Square)
Date: 2009-07-23, 6:47PM CDT
Reply to: sale-xgxku-1285703258@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Up for your consideration is a 1989 Panasonic DX4000, constructed with full seamless double-butted Tange #2 chromoly tubing throughout. The frame specs are measured center to center: 60cm seat tube, 57cm top tube. Best suited for riders around 6'1" to 6'3", but could work give or take an inch or two depending on your body dimensions. The best way to tell is to take her for a spin. Standover height is 34 and 1/4". I'm 5'11.5" with a 32" inseam and it is a shade tall for me in the standover height, but I can still ride it comfortably.

This bike has very low miles and has been well cared for. You will find very few scratches on it. There are no dents or rust at all and it tracks and rides well with no hands. The ride is extremely comfortable and responsive and the indexed shifting is flawless. You can also switch over to friction mode. Braking is excellent and the beautiful dark anodized Araya 700c rims are true and spin like butter. The component group is the all white Shimano Exage, two chainrings up front and 7 speeds in the rear. This was pretty high up in Panasonic's lineup that year, with (I believe) only the DX5000 and the Team models above it. Accordingly, the lugwork is very well executed and the dropouts are forged with adjusters.

The overhaul included all bearings being cleaned and repacked (headset, bottom bracket and hubs), all new cables (brake, shifter) and new tires (Michelin Erilium II 700x23c) and tubes. The saddle is also new. All moving parts have been adjusted, lubed and the seatpost and stem have also been greased for longevity. The chain has been cleaned and lubed, too. If I were keeping it, it would sport a white San Marco Rolls, but I'll leave that up to the preference of the buyer. Accordingly, if you have your own saddle, I will gladly keep the one on it and knock $10 off the price.

The bike has been dialed in and cleaned from top to bottom. You could eat off this bike and in fact, I just had a nice sandwich on it. I would estimate the weight at just over 22 lbs. Very light.

I will adjust the saddle and handlebars/stem to your preference so you can ride it home.

I also have a set of older Profile clamp-on aero tri bars that I will include with the bike if it sells for asking price. If not, you can have them for $10.

Additional high res pics can be seen here: http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/o...onic%20DX4000/