Old 02-24-05, 09:13 PM
Smokey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Smokey, I guess only you can make the decision of what's right for you. There is something to be said for having a respectable bicycle that's yours, and not having to spend a ton of time hunting one down. All I'm pointing out is that you have a pretty good chance of finding something equally as nice, for less than it seems you're likely to put into this. I'd feel kind of guilty to not mention those options, but if you do choose to get it, I think it would be unfair for any of us here to consider you to have made a mistake.

You are the only person who can tell what's going to satisfy you. You are the only person who can place a value on your time, effort, the learning you'll get, and whatever honor you have bound up in things at this point.

Good luck.
Thanks again, Zorro. Yours - and others' - input has been most helpful. In fact, I'm probably gonna pass on the bike, based (in part) on the feedback I've gotten here. Call it a more educated choice. I'm really in no hurry; I was GIVEN a bike to ride (by a friend who no longer rides a road bike), so I've got some decent wheels to hold me over. I just may even pop into a thrift store or garage sale (or two).

Thanks, again.

Jim