View Single Post
Old 07-25-09, 04:44 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
Historian - That's a great chunk of information, as usual. They are so over the top on appearance that I got a shorter haircut bought all new clothes for work, and am having my work shirt professionally pressed. At some point once I have established myself, I'll talk to them about bike commuting on fridays (our truly business casual day), and try to add on from there. Being from the midwest, appearance at work has never been the issue they seem to make it out here. So, I'm going to tow the line for now. But I expect to get plenty of time on the bike here. We're going out tonight to run to CVS and then to see whatever version of The Beach Boys are doing the free concert at the park.
As you know, I'm a nag. Why not ask about bike commuting right away? Odds are if it's a large company you aren't the only one interested. Then again, you probably have public transit available since you live near the downtown, so bike commuting might not be a priority.

I'll have to address you as Mister TechKnowGN now that we have been informed you are having your work shirts pressed.