Old 07-25-09, 06:10 PM
Chris D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback folks.

I set the rack up today, put the bike on, and took a 30 mile trip on the freeway. For the first 15 miles I was scared the bike was going to fly away. I think I spent more time looking in the rear view than looking at the road

The last 15 miles I was much more relaxed. I went over some rough pavement at around 70 mph, and the bike stayed tight. I feel much better now!

As far as installation, I pulled the straps as tight as I could, then tied them up (I will probably duct tape for this trip). Before I hooked the bike up, I shook the rack to check for give. When I moved the rack, the entire car moved. Yay!

I hooked the bike up and used 13" bungy chords to hold the bike close to the rack. Then off I went.

One thing I really like is that when people see the bike mounted to the trunk, they stay a bit further back

So, looks like it's a go. Oh, and yes, I'll damn sure be removing the bike each night. For lunch or dinner breaks, I'm not sure if I should just lock the bike to the bike rack, or if I should completely remove it and lock it to something more stable. What say you, gurus?