View Single Post
Old 07-27-09, 07:42 PM
gash44
Just a Cyclist

Bikes: 08 Trek Madone 5.5, 07 Lemond Versailles-Carbon, 06 Lemond Croix de fer-True Temper, 95 Bianchi Eros-Chromoly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
This happened on the ride mentioned in the previous thread. I was riding along Rt 126 in Bellingham, MA when I noticed a car starting to pull out of a VFW parking lot right in front of me. I slowed a bit, the driver looked right at me and proceeded to pull out anyway. I was right in front of his car when he pulled out and swerved just enough to avoid being hit. I was going to let the incident go and continue on but the driver stopped his car and yelled out the window "What the f*** you doing a**hole". I stopped, dropped the bike and invited him out of the car (I know, bad move, I'm a little guy). He just kept cursing so I asked if he was having a hard time driving drunk at 3:00 in the afternoon and that just maybe I should call the police to settle this. He promptly left. Boy, some people. Unfortunately, I didn't get his plate number.
Hey I live in Framingham, MA not to far from Bellingham. I had my wedding reception at that VFW almost 30 years ago. I will have to remember to pay close attention when riding past a VFW. Glad you did not get hit.