View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 03:24 PM
julian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monosierra
1. I don't think AC needed any help on climbs, really. Kloden helped LA up in Arcalis (?) as LA needed someone to pace him up the climb. AC never really needed it. If anything, his strategy was very simply, to attack, and defend himself. When he defends, he just sticks to the wheel of whoever was attacking, and he's really good at that.

What the Schlecks could do is to attack alternately, thus tiring AC down. If Kloden was up to the task, he and AC could in turn pull that off against the Schlecks as well - theoretically.

2. Don't think they cared too much about #2 or #3 since they all got the same time. AC probably agreed to let FS take the stage; he's got no beef with AS.

3. Draft is a non-issue on mountains, I think. Maybe AC was to prevent anyone from attacking, or to neutralize it by catching up, thus helping LA. But I didn't really see that happening.
Totally wrong. A lot of times these guys are going 15MPH or more on these uphills. if you have been to an actual race you would be shocked how fast they go uphill. I was towards the top of Palomar for the TOC. They come by so fast it is hard to get pictures.