Old 07-29-09, 08:14 AM
FIVE ONE SIX
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Profoxcg
I was reading the manual and aparently different color look cleats offer a greater of less range or motion in that axis.
black = no float
grey = 4.5 degrees of float
red = 9 degrees of float

basically, most people use the grey ones. people that use the grey ones and want a little more float because of their knees will switch to the red ones. me personally, i use the black ones, because i prefer no pedal float...

i will say one thing though, be careful when you put your feet down, because those cleats are pretty slippery on the road. they have a newer version, with a grip on the top and bottom, that prevents the shoe from sliding out from under you if you have to stop fast and put your foot down at an angle. look into them...

http://www.rei.com/product/769821?cm...:referralID=NA

also, make sure that you thread and tighten the phillips head screw under the rubber cover in the middle of the cleat, if your shoe has a 4th hole in the center. that way, you just loosen and remove the outside 3 bolts and the cleat comes off, but the center plastic part stays bolted to the shoe so you don't have to go through the process of aligning the new cleats again. i think all of the newer shoes in the last year or two have that 4th hole in the middle, i know my sidi's from 2 years ago have it...