View Single Post
Old 07-29-09, 11:13 AM
xtrajack
xtrajack

Bikes: Kona fire mountain/xtracycle,Univega landrover fs,Nishiki custom sport Ross professional super gran tour Schwinn Mesa (future Xtracycle donor bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sutto
Hi everyone, newbie here. (In case you couldn't see the big "Newbie" tag they've so generously given me ). Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all thanks for all of the advice I've gotten from lurking for a couple of weeks. I bought a bike a couple of months ago (unfortunately, before I found these forums so it's not the ideal tool for what I'm now using it for) and recently decided to start commuting on it. I've ridden to work the past few days and I'm really enjoying it...except for the fact that it is HOT and HUMID here right now!

Anyway, the bike is a department store special, a Columbia Northway FE, but it's getting the job done fairly well for me for now. I've decided that if I stick with commuting for a year then I will treat myself to a better bike. I'm going to add fenders and a rack pretty soon, otherwise I'll probably keep it pretty stock. I already got an air pump and water bottle. I'm not riding at night (for now) so I'm probably not going to bother with lights in the near future.

Any advice you guys want to throw at me will be appreciated, but I mainly just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to this new adventure!
Greetings and welcome. The important thing is that you are riding. I too, wish I had found these forums before I went to my LBS. I did have the advantage of knowing that I would be riding the bike for commuting/utility purposes, I also had previous experience as an adult cyclist to fall back on.