Thread: knee-cap pain
View Single Post
Old 07-29-09, 12:56 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
My knees are completely shot and have been for years. Some of the things you are doing will correct knee problems like 165 cranks for short legs.

There is an "Inline" seat post that pushes the saddle a bit further forward. Top tube too long- get a shorter bar stem.

Next thing is to spin faster. This will mean a lower gear for the same speed and will take strain off the knee .

Position of foot on the pedal. I always ride with the toes pointing in (Toe In) That works for me but a few say that they have to have toe out to stop knee pain.

And next is the Quad muscles. These are above and below the Knee and I keep these strong. Extra exercises and the easy way is to lie on the floor and keep a straight leg and raise the leg and lower it. 20 of these at a time and when that gets easy- put a 1 lb weight on the foot. The quads have a lot to do with knee strength so get them strong and the knee is stronger.

Spike Milligan