Old 07-29-09, 05:38 PM
billyymc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by ddac
Let me try again:

In your opinion, which bike(s) (if any) on BD's website would be similar to a Hardrock or a Rockhopper (in terms of weight & geometry)?

By the way, anyone know the weight difference between Rockhopper vs Hardrock?
I was looking at both the Rockhopper and Hardrock for my daughter. The RH Comp I think, and the HR Sport Disc. The former was about $750 at my LBS, the latter $550 or so, and that was the best they would do.

I considered BD, but ended up getting an IBEX Alpine 550 for $500 (summer sale price). Check it out at www.ibexbikes.com. They don't have many left, and when they are gone they are done until spring -- apparently they get a big order in and sell them until they are gone. The spec is very good. Better than the HR, and comparable to the RH (with the IBEX being better for some, the RH for others). The frame seems well made (just came yesterday and I assembled last night), and the IBEX bikes have gotten generally good reviews. Their marketing style is much less in your face than BD, but essentially their strategy is the same. Frame was made in Taiwan..black powder coat, good looking welds. It really is a nice bike. Email them to see what sizes they have left if you're interested -- weren't many left, and they only update their website in the mornings, not real time.

And to answer your original question, I think at BD, Fantom HT Trail was roughly similar to the RH.

Last edited by billyymc; 07-29-09 at 05:41 PM.