Old 07-29-09, 07:11 PM
OldiesONfoldies
Small wheels ARE better!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhkyte
"Given the harsh tone of some of the postings here, I believe the disease of Foldicentrism is prevalent... read about it here."

+1

We know there are merits of each bike as long as they get fairly reviewed its fine.
I have left negerative comments due to overly positive Brompton reviews before in these forums. It is not that I do not like the bike, it is the fact that good alternatives get over looked. Nor do I think all people should own a Mezzo,(or 2), But I find the Mezzo meets my needs best. ( after a few mods and upgrades)

I also own a Dahon Curve, having found it the only folder that all members of the family can ride. I also find it superior to the Mezzo for doing large shopping trips and attaching 2 bags. MY wife prefers the Mezzo to all the 16" folders I have had, but al expect the Diblai she finds difficult to fold. It has been the only bike that all the family,(including a 7 year old), can unfold safely without supervision. I can not think of another folder that could do this.

However none of them preform BMX tricks like an Onza mini bike can, but the curve is not bad considering!

Generally I prefer the ride and fold of previous Bromptons to my Dahon Curve. Bromptons fold quicker and more simply. However there is no place for the Brompton qualities in this mixture of bikes. I like the Tikit more generally, but again I have no use for it qualities currently.

Many of us own combinations of folders as we know none is perfect. I wonder about the combination of owning a Brompton and tikit? One is a Fast folding, fast, good handling bike that large enough for most men, the other a tad smaller, slower, but folds smaller and handles luggage better.

Now that will be something truly special! I hope the bike makers are reading this excellent forum