View Single Post
Old 07-19-02, 09:00 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only time I've encounter "numb nuts" while riding, other than idiot drivers, is when I had my bike mounted in a trainer w/o a block for the front tire. Apparently this forced me to ride w/ too much weight forward and after 45 mins, I was numb!

Here's a tip:

Make sure your seat is comletely level. This will help distribute the weight better to your "sit" bones and should relieve the pressure on "Da Boys".

With your bike on level ground place a thin hardback book on top of your saddle. Place a level (bullet level or carpenter's small level) on top of the book. Adjust the angle till it level or as close to level as possible.

BTW, I use whatever saddle comes on my bikes. I'm able to get used to most saddles after a couple short rides.

If a level saddle doesn't help, then I would invest in some of the cut-away types.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger